Monday, February 21, 2011

My Precious Friends

In my previous post you saw where I was able to spend a great weekend with my matron of honor and my bridesmaids! When choosing these people to be in my wedding I wanted to be wise and choose the people who have meant the most to me throughout my life. These girls are the ones that I can confide in and the ones who make my life a little brighter! I wanted to do this post to thank these sweet girls for all they have done for me and to remind them of how special they are in my life.

*My Matron of Honor-Liz

Liz and I have been best friends for almost 10 years. Her dad is our associate pastor. God sent them our way and we have been truly blessed ever since. This was truly an easy pick. My life would not be the same without this girl. We have so many memories together. Since the day we met we have been close. She always makes me laugh and is the one who I turn to for Godly advice and is always there to say a prayer for me which is such a blessing. She recently got married which was one of the hardest things for me. I was happy for her but felt like my best friend was leaving me, but I was wrong. Even since she has been married we have been able to make time to spend together, and I am so thankful for that! Liz- you are the best friend I could ever ask for. You mean the world to me and I thank you for all you do for me! I love you!


*My Cousin- Kaitlyn


Kaitlyn and I have always been close, ever since we were little. She is only a few months younger than me, so we have grown up doing mostly everything together. I can remember going to all kinds of cheerleading competitions and games and I have always been one of her biggest fans. I love her so much just like she was my sister. Until I moved schools we always went together, when I left everyone asked her where her sister was! It's funny to us-because we do look alike! I would claim her any day! I've always been protective over her. If anything is wrong or when she has been hurt people better beware:)-I don't deal with people hurting her very well. She is the sweetest girl you will ever meet. She loves the Lord and it shows. I can always count on her to be there for me when I need someone the most. I love her not only because she is my family but because she is one of the best friends I will ever have!

*My Sweet Friend Whitney



Whitney and I have been friends ever since elementary school. Her and her family started coming to our church many years ago. Whitney and I clicked right off the bat! She is also one of the sweetest and most beautiful girls you will ever meet. Most of my childhood memories have her in it! She used to go on vacation with me and my family every year. We had so much fun!! She has alwaysbeen such a role model for me!She is also engaged and getting married in June. It has been so fun being able to share this time in our lives together! Thank you Whitney for always keeping me sane! She is the calm one who seems to always have the answers for any obstacle in life. I love you so much! You are precious!

*My Sweet Emma


Last but certainly not least-Ms. Emma! This girl means the absolute world to me! Her and her family hold a special place in my heart. Ever since I was 5 I have been close to her family. When Emma was born I was able to be there and was able to even set up her nursery. Seeing her grow up has been such a sweet blessing. She has the biggest heart of anyone I know. She is 9, and she is my role model. She has so much faith and strives to seek the Lord through everything. She has such a sweet spirit and is kind to everyone. She is beautiful inside and out, I only wish I was more like her. I chose Emma because she is one of the people who has meant the most to me.  Thank you Emma for being one of my bridesmaids. I love you with all my heart and I am so thankful for you!

*To all my sweet girls--Thank you again for agreeing to be apart of my special day. You make this time in my life even sweeter!  I thank God for placing each one of you in my life! I love you all more than you will ever imagine!


7 comments:

Deidre said...

hi Katie Beth! i love your comment about me.you're my role model too.i love you.

love,
Emma

Deidre said...

To Katie Beth:
I am glad to be in your wedding. 'Cause I like it! I love you so much (like you're my sister)! Thank you for letting me be in your wedding. Love, Olivia

Deidre said...

Goodness, Katie Beth, I needed tissues to read this. Yes, you are very blessed to have the friends you do. And, as much as we've told you that you rarely have those same friends when you get older, I think there will be an exception in your case. You have chosen wisely and chosen lifelong friends that will stand with you through anything. THAT is a treasure.

We love you so much! My girls adore you and Eric and I think of you as our own.

Deidre

Piper said...

KatieBeth!! You are so precious!I teared up at this post! Knowing how you chose these precious girls as your bridal party was a special thing to read. Wow!! Thank you for sharing your heart. Your paragraph on Kaitlyn was so special! I know she will cherish it for life! Knowing that you have always been there for her is a blessing. Thank you for being not "just a cousin" but a friend that she can count on for anything. You have been like a sister to her.
I am so grateful that God has allowed us to be a part of your life! You are a blessing to all of us. We will miss you so much. May God bless you & Jordy.
Love ya
Piper

Elizabeth said...

Wow! Where can I even start, Katie Beth? I almost started crying while I was reading your post! You mean soooooo much to me and I could never express how much you have helped me over the years! I won't ever forget my very first Sunday at Winkler's when you came up in the middle of the service and asked me to come to children's church--and now, even though that Sunday seems like only yesterday, we are taking part in each others' wedding!! Time has flown by incredibly fast! But, over the years, one thing has definitely stayed the same---and that's our FRIENDSHIP!! Somehow I know that even though we will be miles apart and may not get to have as many special sleepovers and sweet lunches as we used to---our friendship will remain as constant as it has over the last TEN YEARS!! Not only are you and Jordy beginning a whole new adventure together, but so are we!! I can't wait to see what all God has planned for your lives together! You are two VERY special people, and God has BIG plans for both of you! I love you very, very much!!! LYLAS... ;)
Liz ( your future cousin-in-law!! )

rita said...

ok.. all this sweet stuff is making me cry!
I think the most awesome thing about the entire post is that it is all so very true!
All of you are the most wonderful girls ever!
Thank you for your friendship, for all the laughs, all the prayers, and for making this time even more wonderful for my sweet KatieBeth.
I love you all!

Emma Caroline said...

Katie Beth,
It's been about a year since your wedding, but I remember it like it was yesterday. You will forever be my role model. I love you to the moon and back.

Emma