Friday, August 19, 2011

Blessings

For a few weeks now I have been thinking about this song. I heard it at our church in Georgia, and ever since haven't been able to get it off my mind. Two weeks ago I was given the opportunity to be apart of our church in NC's children's camp. I have been apart of it several years and it is such a blessing every time. During one of our altar calls this song was played. I lost it, it is so powerful and I love how God can work through just a simple song. The song is called Blessings. It talks about how we go through so much suffering, we pray sometimes and feel like God is no where near, but reminds us that we are BLESSED and God has so much bigger plans for us than we have for ourselves. Our pastor in GA has been preaching about how we as Christians WILL experience suffering, but going through the fire will make us so much stronger. Maybe you are like me and have things in your life that you are experiencing and praying about that you don't really understand. I hope this songs speaks to you like it has to me. Be reminded that God has everything under control. He is good, and you are BLESSED no matter what you face.


But the God of all grace, who hath called us unto his eternal glory by Christ Jesus, after that ye have suffered a while, make you perfect, stablish, strengthen, settle you. To him be glory and dominion for ever and ever. Amen.
-1st Peter 5: 10-11



3 comments:

rita said...

Blessings
I have many!.and I am not worthy of any of them.
I too like this song I think this is the same one that S.H sang at church a couple of weeks ago.

I am also comforted in remembering that MY Heavenly Father does have everything under control, and that HE is already in MY tomorrows..

.."for I will NEVER leave thee, nor forsake thee.."
Heb. 5:13

I love you honey.. YOU are one of my many blessings

Mom :D

Piper said...

Love this post!! We are so grateful that you sacrificed your time to come to camp. Those little girls LOVE YOU!!! You are a blessing to me!! Praying for you!!!
Love Ya!

Samantha said...

I love that song! I did sing it at church several weeks ago because it just touched my heart and spoke to me so much. Every time I would hear the song I would cry and I was reminded of my many blessings and also of some of my biggest blessings that I received during some of the hardest times in my life. God is such an awesome God! Even when life is tough and we don't understand, He shows us His love and pours His blessings upon us!