Monday, April 11, 2011

Don't Quit

     Living away from home has brought on several challenges. One of the biggest has been finding a church. We have looked on the Internet, and visited so many churches over the past few weeks. I guess we also have very high standards because our church back home is the best you will find. I have been there all my life, so coming here and finding a new church has been very difficult for me especially.We had a guest preacher and he preached a very encouraging message.

I have heard these verses and even the words he said over 1000 times, but this time was different. God used his word to speak in a completely different way. He read Galatians 6:7-9- Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap. For he that soweth to his flesh shall of the flesh reap corruption; but he that soweth to the Spirit shall of the Spirit reap life everlasting. And let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap if we faint not.

He talked about how as Christians, we have a job to do. We have a job to go and spread the gospel to others. We also are called to be servants and to do what the Lord called us to do. He said we are not called to quit or give up on God. Even though we don't feel like He is there or is working, He is, because His word said He is!

It is so easy to get discouraged when we feel like what we are doing is useless. We pray and seek and hope, and it feels like God is not intervening with our problems. The pastor often reminded us in his message that the harvest is in Gods hands. Our job is to plant the seeds, and then leave the rest to the Lord.

The most profound things that he said that has stuck with me is a story that he told about a farmer. He said every year he gets ready to for the harvest. He sows with handfuls, but reaps with truckloads. 


I'm so thankful that God's word always has new things to say. He is a great God, and His word is full of truth. I am so grateful for His timing and encouragement when I need it the most.

Remember...Don't quit...your work is not in vain! 

3 comments:

Piper said...

Oh ktb, you do not know how this spoke to me. thanks for sharing... B just sent me a text about an hour ago and it said "you do what you gotta do for the Lord and don't worry about anything else"
(fyi -your Dad's message last night was on "how not to worry?" something I have a problem with)
So as God usually does with me, He repeats things over & over, thinking maybe one day that I will finally "get it"! I know there is a lesson to be learned. Love & miss ya!

Anonymous said...

I have never, found a church quite like Winkler's. We settled into a Baptist Church up here in Milwaukee but nothin beats WGBC. I will be praying for you because it is hard to find a church, especially when your coming from such an amazing one back home.

rita said...

sweet!
i love the reminder that we CAN'T give up!
anything and everything we do for the Lord is never in vain.- and yes! there is no place like home, but the Lord is in Ga. too,so allow HIM to continue to lead,guide and direct you while you are there. These two years will go by fast, you will be planting seeds while there.
So stay steadfast sweetie.
i love you so much!
mom :D